Support & Donate
The mission of La Crosse Jail Ministry is “La Crosse Jail Ministry offers inmates spiritual direction, rehabilitative support, and connections to faith communities.”
You can support our mission by:
- Welcoming former inmates to your faith community
- Praying for the ministry (see ideas below)
- Donating money (see online link below)
- Providing supplies (see ideas below) or link to our Amazon Winter Holiday Celebrations gift list
- Offering opportunities to learn about our jail ministry (see ideas below)
- Join, if you shop on Amazon, AmazonSmile as Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to La Crosse Jail Ministry Inc. ()
Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your continued generosity!
Donate by Check:
La Crosse Jail Ministry, Inc.
Post Office Box 2675
La Crosse, WI 54602-2675
Donate via Credit or Debit Card:
- Inmates, their families, their friends and their victims need prayers for healing, wisdom, guidance, freedom from addictions, change and health.
- Jail staff, jail ministry board members, Circles of Support volunteers and the chaplain: prayers for wisdom, guidance, health, safety and faithfulness.
- La Crosse Jail Ministry needs prayers for support, donations and awareness.
Please contact the chaplain to make arrangements for supplies.
Supplies purchased online and magazine subscriptions can be sent directly to the jail at: Jail Ministry, 333 Vine Street, La Crosse, WI 54601.
- Recent magazines – all types, although we would more that appeal to men and more popular culture (please contact the chaplain for suggestions)
- Books – fiction and nonfiction (must be paperbacks, please contact the chaplain for suggestions)
- Books in Spanish (spiritual, fiction and nonfiction paperbacks)
- Puzzles (cardboard only, no wooden puzzle pieces)
- Reading Glasses (all strengths, must be new)
- Legal size stamped envelopes (envelope with a printed or embossed mark indicating the prepayment of postage)
- New decks of playing cards
- Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble, Checkers/Chess/Backgammon Board Games
- Card Games
- White copy paper
- Cap eraser topper for pencils
- Coats, boots and warm clothes– during the winter months
- Books for any faith (must be paperbacks)
- Bibles – Paperback only, NirV Free on the Inside or Celebrate Recovery or Life Recovery Bibles
Opportunities to Learn More
If you and/or your faith community would like to learn more about jail ministry, we offer the following options:
- Newsletters - email the chaplain your address to be added to our mailing list.
- Short Video – we have a short video (less than 6 minutes) that could be sent to you to be shown during a gathering of your community.
- View our Video "Introduction to La Crosse Jail Ministry" on YouTube.
- Flyers – we have a small two sided flyer that could be emailed out to your members or added to a bulletin.
- Presentation – email the chaplain if you would like an in-person presentation.
Recent financial supporters include the following:
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, La Crosse: In April 0f 2021 the FSPA provided grant funding of $9,000.
- La Crosse Community Foundation: In May of 2021 the Foundation provided $5,000. The Pandemic Relief and Recovery Grant was funded by the Robert & Eleanor Franke Charitable Fund of the La Crosse Community Foundation.
- St. Paul Lutheran Legacy Fund
- La Crosse Area Synod – ELCA
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church WELCA, La Crosse
- Holmen Lutheran Church WELCA, La Crosse
- English Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity, La Crosse
- Onalaska United Methodist Church
- Blessed Sacrament Women, La Crosse
- Bells Coulee Lutheran Church, Bangor
- Trinity Lutheran Church, La Crosse
- Onalaska American Legion Community Days
- New Amsterdam Presbyterian Church, Holmen
- Dickinson Family Funeral Homes, La Crosse
- Mindoro Presbyterian Women, Mindoro
- Olivet Beacon of Light Lutheran Church, La Crosse
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Women of the ECLA, La Crosse
- First Presbyterian Church, La Crosse
- Our Redeemer Women ELCA, La Crosse
- OMA Java, LLC, West Salem
- People’s Food Coop
The following have provided in-kind support:
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration
- Klint Wales
- Pastor Park Hunter
- Onalaska United Methodist Church
- Attorney Scott Curtis
- Scott Neader
- Bridges United Methodist Church
- Dan Wiese
- La Crosse County Library
- Winding Rivers Library System