La Crosse Jail Ministry
To provide an opportunity and create an environment for inmates that awakens, renews, and stimulates their spiritual life; thereby promoting behavioral change, social reintegration, and personal well-being.
Position Announcement: Chaplain
The La Crosse Jail Ministry Board is initiating a search for a full-time or part-time chaplain. The chaplain provides pastoral care to women and men incarcerated in the La Crosse County Jail and, when requested, to their families and to correctional facility staff.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Successful completion of ministry training, e.g., bachelor’s degree, certification, or clinical pastoral education
- Ordained or commissioned to function in ministry by an appropriate religious authority
- Faith group endorsement
- Masters’ degree in theology from accredited institution or equivalent
- Ministry or chaplaincy experience in a jail or prison setting
- Commensurate with experience
- Three weeks personal time off
- Additional time for continuing education
For a detailed position description or additional information about the position, contact Harvey Witzenburg, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (608) 385-5422.
Candidates should submit:
- Letter of application, detailing interest in and qualifications for the position,
- Names and telephone numbers of three professional references,
- A letter of recommendation,
- Faith group endorsement from religious authority.
E-mail application materials to: Harvey Witzenburg, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Screening will begin on November 2, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.